Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are between Rietumu Fintech and the person who completes the relevant booking form (“You”) for the Rietumu Fintech Event as described in the booking or registration form (“Event”).
Confirmation of bookings
- All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by Rietumu Fintech, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after Rietumu Fintech has received the completed booking form, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and anything else that Rietumu Fintech may require.
- Upon Rietumu Fintech’s written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between Rietumu Fintech and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
- Rietumu Fintech reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
- Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication. Rietumu Fintech reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by Rietumu Fintech. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as You submit your booking form by credit card or cheque. You acknowledge that Rietumu Fintech cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
- The Fees include:
- For “in-person” conference, panel, seminar or similar delegates: one place at the Event, refreshments and Event materials.
- For digital/online delegates: access for one person to attend the digital Event.
- The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
- Under VAT Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT @ 20% on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom. For Events in other countries, delegates are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
- Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for Rietumu Fintech to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
- If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact Rietumu Fintech as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at [email protected] Rietumu Fintech may at our absolute discretion allow You to send a substitute in your place (provided that Rietumu Fintech has received the details of such substitute) or allow You to attend the next available Event.
- If You notify us that You wish to cancel your attendance at an Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges shall apply as follows (please note that refunds may take up to 14 working days), which You agree represent a genuine pre-estimate of the costs Rietumu Fintech will incur as a result of cancellation:
Written notice received by us more than 30 days prior to the first day of the Event: 75% refund
Written notice received by us more within 30 days to the first day of the Event: 0% refund
The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to same credit card account number).
- Rietumu Fintech may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance within 8 weeks. You agree that Rietumu Fintech’s liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and Rietumu Fintech will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
- Rietumu Fintech reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of Rietumu Fintech) expose Rietumu Fintech or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or United States of America.
Your attendance at the Event
- Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
- Rietumu Fintech reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in Rietumu Fintech’s opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
- You are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs at the Event, in each case for your own personal use. You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of the Event or of any session within the Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Rietumu Fintech.
- You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit Rietumu Fintech, or any third party licensed by Rietumu Fintech, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the photographer if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
- You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Rietumu Fintech shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
- Materials distributed by or on behalf of Rietumu Fintech at an Event may not be reproduced without Rietumu Fintech’s permission.
Rietumu Fintech Liability
- Views expressed by speakers are their own and Rietumu Fintech disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Rietumu Fintech shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- The names, job titles and organisations of all registered delegates will be placed on the delegate list for the Event. This list will be provided to sponsoring companies and, for some events, to all delegates via an online attendee directory, so that they can see who is at the Event for the purpose of networking and meetings. If You do not wish to be included on this list please email [email protected] at the time of making your booking. Delegates who register for the online attendee directory acknowledge and agree that they shall not, under any circumstances, use the delegate list for their own promotional and marketing purposes.
- Rietumu Fintech will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
- These terms contain the entire agreement between You and Rietumu Fintech.
- If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
- Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
- A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
- These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit Rietumu Fintech’s right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
- If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact [email protected]